Recipe for Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
I'm not much a bragger or anything but I had to blog about the recipe of this heavenly yummy strawberry cheesecake cupcakes. These were actually the most delicious cupcakes I've ever made. Here was the original recipe. Quoted from the original author: "Ladies, there’s only 3 recipes you’ll ever have to learn to win over any man’s heart: the perfectly seared steak, killer mashed potatoes and these Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes." - Although in my case, I need to learn to make Nasi Padang to win my man's heart. That will be another story. :X
- 15 Digestives crackers, crumbed
- 125g of butter, room temperature
- 3 tbs of sugar
For the batter:
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter (12 tbs), room temperature (I followed the recipe but I was not satisfied with how it turned out. I will add less butter next time.)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup sugar + 2 tbs of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 16 tbs (around 225g) of butter
- 3 3/4 cups (around 445g) of confectioner’s sugar, sifted (The original recipe is super sweet though. You can add till your desired taste. If you don't want it to be too sweet, you can add less. I don't want it to be too sweet so I just added half of the original one or even less. I can't remember lol)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
After crushing the crackers, add the butter and sugar. Then, mix it. Add more butter, if needed. The mixture should hold together when pressed with fingers.
Choose your favorite cupcake liners! I chose the green and red cupcake liners because I intended to give it as a christmas gift to my bf. Then preheat oven to 350 F. Put a tablespoon of the mixture into the cupcake liners. Use your fingers to pack it down. Bake in oven for 3-5 minutes.
Hull your strawberries. I hulled the strawberries using straw by the way. It's easy peasy! Just poke from bottom up to hull them and get rid of the leaves.
1. Now, let's start with the batter. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Then set aside.
2. Continue with mixing together the flour, baking powder and salt in a different bowl.
3. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the vanilla and beat with a hand mixer. Afterwards, add half the flour mixture (From no. 2) into the batter until incorporated, then mix in the sour cream. Add remaining flour and mix until blended.
4. Gently fold in 1/3 of the egg (From no. 1) into the batter until combined. Remember not to over mix the egg whites (it will make your cake fall flat). Add remaining egg and the chopped strawberries.
How the batter looked like. Now you can start fill each cupcake liner about 3/4 of the way and bake for about 20-25 minutes. I baked my first batch for 20 minutes and it was almost done. Then I baked my second bath for 25 minutes and it turned out better lol.
Now moving on to the frosting.
Beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract together. Add the sugar slowly a bit at a time and beat until light and fluffy. Chill in fridge for an hour.
Start decorating the cupcakes as you wish. I added a thin slice of strawberry on mine! They are now ready to serve! :D
I was quite happy with the result despite the messy look of my strawberry cupcakes. IT WAS MAD YUMMY!! Although I put the butter a bit too much :X but practice makes perfect, doesn't it?
By the way, I wrapped it on a box that I got from Ingredients, a baking material shop located in Muara Karang.
Wishing you heaps of luck to follow the recipe. I am doing my best to write it down step by step clearly. Have a fun time baking!